Week 5

For my fifth week I only ended up making changes to my previous PR from week 4. I was asked by maintainers to modify my code to keep the entire check inside the file where the user avatars are found, in order to not modify the commit object, which could cause problems in the future.

The code is essentially the same, but rather than adding a variable to the commit object, I added it in the avatar check, and accessed the commit parameters from there as well.

This has taught me that sometimes in small edge cases like this, doing things the simplest way, and the way with less impact on the codebase, is the most effective.

The PR has since been merged and closed.

View my updated PR here: https://github.com/desktop/desktop/pull/6281

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s